Monday, June 13, 2011

Today is the day...

and it's surreal.
I've been "about to leave for hngr" for months, now, it feels like. I've said four waves of goodbyes, packed up all of my stuff three times,  and had so many things to take care of before I leave that, even with the craziness of the last few days, I feel only dimly aware of the reality that I leave TODAY for Asia and won't be back until Christmas.


Luckily (?), I have two days worth of plane rides and layovers to get used to that idea. I leave Knoxville around 3 pm today, and someone will (hopefully) meet me at the airport in Chiang Mai on Wednesday afternoon.


Prayers for safe and smooth travel, for adjusting to the time difference (12 hours ahead of Chicago), for beginning to learn Thai, and starting to build some of the relationships that will be important over the next six months are definitely appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Praying so constantly. So proud of you. You are so beautiful. Thank you for talking to me the other night... made my weekend. I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete